top of page
The Water Tower
This structure was built around 1900 and was originally located on a small farm at 3701 Depew Street in Wheat Ridge. The tank at the top could hold about 1,400 gallons of water to supply the needs of the nearby farmhouse. City water arrived in December, 1941 and the tower was no longer used.
The Prehn family owned the farm from 1934 until it was sold in 2001. At that time they donated the tower to the Wheat Ridge Historical Society who moved it to the present site.
It was dedicated on August 15, 2009
bottom of page